- Tom Ivens
- Date of birth
- Current residence
- Beveren-Waas, Belgium
- Dutch (mother tongue), English (fluent)
- +32 (0) 494 83 79 70
- Environment art internship @ Black Forest Games
- Digital Arts & Entertainment, University College of West Flanders
- Industrial maintenance, GTI Beveren-Waas
- Building detailed environments, using the landscaping tools, BSPs and imported custom assets.
- Create complex shaders and set up master materials using the material editor.
- A good understanding of the Legacy shading workflow and PBR workflow.
- Creating particle effects using several tools including Unreal Cascade, Unity’s Shuriken and CryEngine’s particle editor.
- Optimizing levels with LODs and Level Streaming.
- A good eye for composition and using lighting, atmosphere and color accordingly.
Complete and thorough knowledge of high-poly to low-poly workflow, including:
- Both sub-d modeling and high-poly sculpting.
- Experienced in unwrapping, baking and texturing.
- Creating LODs, custom collisions and lightmaps.
- Ability to code in C++ and C#.
- Experience with HLSL shaders.
- Knowledge to create and adapt 3ds Max Scripts.
- Unreal Engine 4
- Cry Engine 3
- 3ds Max
Become one of the greats, statisfying my creative hunger and be on the forefront of the industry, creating memorable games.
Environment art, 3D art and level design have been my some of my core hobbies since I got my hands on Valve’s Hammer sdk.
Creating fun (and often ridiculous) maps for Lan parties is something I enjoy quite a bit. I can lose myself in anything creative, being it cooking, editing, movement, etc. A large part of my spare time is invested in movement. Snowboarding, canyoning, boxing, are just a couple of sports i really enjoy.